I get heartburn a lot, I heard it's a sign of ovarian cancer, is this true, and if so, why? Seems like a strange symptom for that type of cancer!

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Heartburn evaluation

There are many of much more common causes of heartburn than cancer.
Acid reflux is the most common cause. Consider seeing your primary care doctor for an evaluation

In brief: Heartburn evaluation

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Heartburn

Your frequent heartburn should be fully evaluated and treated by a gastroenterologist.
I assume the connection between heartburn and ovarian cancer would pertain to advanced cases where abdominal distension and bloating have occurred. A gynecologist or an oncologist,having much more experience with ovarian cancer, would be more qualified to answer your question,however.

In brief: Heartburn

Dr. Adam Levy