A homeless person's blanket brushed against my arm in train. Is there any risk of disease like Hep or hiv due to brief skin contact with the blanket?

Dr. William Conner

In brief: Absolutely Not

Your worries are unfounded.
I hope you took time to greet the individual. He/she may be homeless due to problems out of his/ her control. The diseases you mention are only spread through contact with bodily fluids/ ie. sexual contact.

In brief: Absolutely Not

Your worries are unfounded.
Dr. William Conner
Dr. William Conner
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: HIV fear

If you often think of getting diseases or contaminated this way you may have a phobia.
Some people have phobias directly related to health matters. A clinical psychologist can be helpful for that. Beyond that, please strive for compassion for yourself and others. Peace and good health.

In brief: HIV fear

Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif