Why would I have a really bad pain that feels like it’s on top of my eye?

Possible Stye. You need to see an eye doctor. Your primary doctor may also make the diagnosis. Styes are infection of the eyelid that resolve over time with the aid of warm compresses and sometimes antibiotic drops or ointment. See a provider. Happy healing!