I have been feeling some anal pain for around 5 days, after having had anal sex. I assumed initially that it was hemorrhoids, but could also be fissures. It doesn't seem to get better. I was wondering whether I should wait longer or see a dr now?

Dr. James Okamoto

In brief: Depends

It depends on severity of pain, and whether there are any signs or symptoms or possibility of a sexually transmitted disease.
“If” the pain is mild and your partner used a condom, then it is reasonable to wait a few more days before seeing your Dr, but if there is a possibility of an STD, the sooner you treat it the better. if you cannot see a hemorrhoid, thenI wouldn’t assume that’s what it is.

In brief: Depends

Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery