Im 38 and workout everyday. How do I get rid of lower belly? Wont tighten up like I want.

Dr. Bruce Prager
Sports Medicine

In brief: Belly Fat

This question was recently posed on healthtap.
First, most belly fat/love handles issues occur in males. You say you workout everyday, does that mean you do cardio everyday ? I think you can do cardio until the cows come home, but if you are eating wrong then you will never see results. You have to cut the carbs out. No breads except whole grain. No potatoes, carrots, tropical fruits.Read labels.

In brief: Belly Fat

Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Low Carb High Fat

Aerobic exercise is far overrated and in fact for women is very detrimental.
When hr is up, brain thinks life threatening problem and releases cortisol and adrenaline as stress response. This makes your belly fatter. Resistance training is the metabolically positive modality. Read two books.... Slo burn fitness revolution, hahn & why we get fat and what to do about it, taubes.

In brief: Low Carb High Fat

Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine