If minoxidil improves hair growth by vasodilation, increasing blood and nutrient flow to follicles, does this mean cold showers would cause or accelerate hair loss by causing vasoconstriction reducing blood and nutrient flow to the follicles?

Pathology

In brief: Just not true

All talk about hair growth having to do with less or more blood flow is total bunk.
Some fool made it up, put it on the internet, and it's become a propagated error. If it were true, wearing a stocking cap indoors would stop male pattern baldness. That's just stupid. Minoxidil has some poorly-understood effect on the hair-bearing skin -- it's empirical. I'm sorry you were troubled. Best wishes.

In brief: Just not true