Having chest pains and tightness for last 15 months. EKG, echo, holter, and X-ray all clear and Md say heart is fine. I still fear heart... Ideas?

In brief: Common=common

The most common trigger for central chest pain at your age is related to the swallow tube that passes just behind the heart.
It enters the stomach there & backwash from stomach acid triggers sometimes sharp or gnawing discomfort. It amplifies if you consume caffeine/nicotine or lay down after meals. Unless you have had a good evaluation for GI reflux I think your worry is missing the obvious.

In brief: Common=common

Dr. Hamsa Jayaraj

In brief: Cardiologist decides

You can see cardiologist to definitely rule out coronary heart disease.

I do not know about your detailed history & exam.
strong family history?
more tests can be done- cardiac calcium score- not covered by insurance.- costs $ 100.
Cardiac catheterization- invasive test
You have not mentioned about stress test & stress nuclear test.

In brief: Cardiologist decides

strong family history?
Cardiac catheterization- invasive test
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology