I’ve had pain in my right hip:groin/lower back pain which shoots down my leg. Can’t lean on right hip. Had a bone scan which showed “asymmetrical uptake about the hip area.” Very worried it could be cancer. ?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Many causes for Pain

There can be many causes for Hip/Leg pain.
The most common cause is sciatica which is leg pain caused by spinal disc prolapse.You will be best served by seeing your doctor to examine you and help localize the source of your pain(it can be from your spine or from Right hip Joint.
You will need to provide us information about how long have you experienced this pain and do you have overweight problem

In brief: Many causes for Pain

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Uncertain

My thought is not to only consider cancer as much as other hip area problems such as arthritis or even avascular necrosis of the hip.
An MRI should help clarify this

In brief: Uncertain

An MRI should help clarify this
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman