The first time I used a tampon it was very uncomfortable and it hurt(I had it in right) why would it have hurt? How can I make it not hurt

Dr. Audrey Lance
Gynecology

In brief: Tampons

It is common to feel some discomfort the first few times you are using a tampon or placing anything inside the vagina.
I would recommend just trying it a few more times. If it is still uncomfortable, you should see a gynecologist to have an exam to evaluate for any infection or anatomical abnormalities like a vaginal septum, however those are unlikely to be the cause.

In brief: Tampons

Dr. Audrey Lance
Dr. Audrey Lance
Dr. Jane Van Dis