I have high BP what should I do?

Dr. Daniel Reinharth
In brief: Individualized
People's treatment needs vary, based on whether they have other conditions, such as diabetes or kidney disease.
In general, treatment begins with exercise 30-60 minutes daily, losing weight, avoiding salt, and consuming fruits, vegetables, and fish. Medication is usually prescribed if BP stays 140/90 or above, and is proven to reduce heart attack, stroke, and death.

In brief: Individualized
Dr. Daniel Reinharth
Dr. Daniel Reinharth
Dr. Liviu Klein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Treat it
High blood pressure is dubbed 'the silent killer'; untreated leads to stroke, heart attack, heart failure and end stage kidney disease.
Stop using any sodium salt in the diet, restrict your sodium intake to 1500 mg daily or less, eat a diet high in calcium and potassium, loose weight if you are overweight, exercise for 45-60 min daily and see a doctor to determine if you also need medications.

In brief: Treat it
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Liviu Klein