I've been having sharp pain around my ankle almost every hour and every morning when I first get out of bed, what could be the problem?

Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Pain Management
In brief: Pain Assessment.
There are many conditions which could be causing your pain complaints.
These may include a minor sprain which is usually treated with rest, anti-inflammatory medicatiions, and ice. More serious conditions need to be evauated by an appropriate treating provider.

In brief: Pain Assessment.
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. Vic Kalman
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Many causes
Arthritis is one of the most common reasons for pain and swelling around the joint in the morning.
Inflammatory types of arthritis can also cause joint pain. Sometimes it it the result of an old injury that just flares up. What did you do the day before? Did you have an injury? A chronic sprain(ligament) or strain (muscle) can also affect the joint. Don't guess, see your doctor and feel better.

In brief: Many causes
Dr. Vic Kalman
Dr. Vic Kalman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine