My hip (waist) hurts when I go to sleep or if I stand (walk) for long.

Dr. Keith Johnson
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Try stretching

At your age, such pain is likely trochanteric bursitis due to a tight IT band (if pain is on the side of the hip) or mild hip dysplasia/labral tear of hip (if the pain is at the bend of the hip- in the groin).
Try stretching your IT band (there are many stretches illustrated on You Tube). If that doesnt help after a couple of weeks, you need to get an MRI of the affected hip

In brief: Try stretching

Dr. Keith Johnson
Dr. Keith Johnson
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See details

You are likely describing low back pain even though your description is too vague to reach any conclusion.
Have it evaluated.

In brief: See details

Have it evaluated.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. John Testa
General (Internal) Medicine

In brief: Hip pain

If your hip hurts when you lay down on that side at night, could be a sign of bursitis.
Should see your PCP

In brief: Hip pain

Should see your PCP
Dr. John Testa
Dr. John Testa
Dr. Vicken Poochikian