Throat pain and night sweats?

How long? How long have you had this? If only for a few days, it could be either strep throat, or mononucleosis. If it has been longer, you should definitely see your doctor, especially if you are a smoker. Even strep throat needs to be treated. The internet is not a replacement for a physician actually examining you to determine what you have, and what needs to be done!
Medical eval may be. Warranted. If you have a significantly sore throat w swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see your medical provider ; get a strep throat test ; culture. Saltwater gargles are helpful. Mix a tsp of salt in 8 oz of warm water – gargle w this several times/day. You can gargle w aloe vera juice a couple of times per day. A mix of chamomile tea w honey ; a small amount of lemon juice is good.