Besides for good diet + exercise, are there any effective, safe pills to aid weight loss? Like kidney bean extract or Lipozene etc. I struggle with occasional binging that makes me gain weight, therapist suggested I ask doc about safe weight loss pil

Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: NO!

Beware!

In brief: NO!

Beware!
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
Pathology

In brief: Treat the binges

Every physician here will agree with me that health does not come out of a pill bottle.
This being said, you already know what you need for starters -- friends to eat sensibly and exercise with -- and specifically management of your binge eating disorders, which is probably in the wiring, not your fault. Cognitive-behavioral therapy plus finding the right Rx for a while are today's standard.

In brief: Treat the binges

Dr. Cynthia Archer

In brief: Talk to your primary

For most weight loss "pills" (or medically supervised weight loss) you will need to see a physician in real life.
Most are controlled substances, although not all. Weight loss medical regimens have to be tailored to the individual case and weight should be closely montiored while on therapy. All of the options have side effects which need to be watched as well. Your doctor can definitely help. :)

In brief: Talk to your primary

Dr. Cynthia Archer
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine