I have graves disease. I had partial thyroidectomy after thyroid toxycosis 2003. Got hyperthyroid again. This time went for radioactive iodine treatment. Still hyper but picked up 20+kg without changing diet. ?

Dr. John cuong Doan

In brief: You may be

low on thyroid (hypothyroid) now, after the radioactive treatment which likely suppressed your thyroid function maximally.
You gained weight from successful treatment of hyperthyroidism. Keep up your monitoring with your doctor and trust him/her to guide you in your treatment plan. Thanks for trusting in HealthTap.

In brief: You may be

Dr. John cuong Doan
Dr. John cuong Doan
Dr. Arnon Rubin