How do I know if my 6 year old child has appendix problems? She is running a very high temp and complaining of pain around her naval. This happened a week ago aswell. Dr said gastro. But now I don’t know.

Dr. Alan Lasnover

In brief: Get a 2nd opinion

Whereas the recurrence of fever and abdominal pain deserves attention and may or not involve the appendix, out nerves further evaluation.
If you have no rapport with the diagnosing MD, see another.

In brief: Get a 2nd opinion

Dr. Alan Lasnover
Dr. Alan Lasnover
Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: 6 year olds

do not complain about abdominal pain without a reason and appendicitis is a bit RARE in very young children.
..Intermittent VOLVULUS ("twisting") of the small intestine is a definite possibility! DR IS CORRECT....needs attention!

Hope this helps..
Dr Z

In brief: 6 year olds

Hope this helps..
Dr Z
Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine