What are the causes of heart palpitations after having surgery with general anesthesia.?

You should see. A doctor, because it can be a cardiac rhythm problem. Some of these are benign and transient, but others are dangerous. Only cardiac monitor or ekg will tell the difference.
Varied. This can be anything, especially in people with underlying heart disease. It does seem that, for the rest of us, the sedation after anesthesia raises your carbon dioxide levels in the blood stream. This can cause some palpitations. It usually clears within one hour after surgery. We watch people very closely in pacu and anything other than this we will consult a cardiologist to help.