Yesterday swallowed a chicken bone about an inch. All night l had pain on left side near hip. Went to drs said tender stomach not to worry. ER?

Dr. Craig Lum
Surgery

In brief: Chicken bone

Can that chicken bone hurt your stomach? It's possible, but the acidity of your stomach should dissolve it.

Your next question should be is the pain getting better or worse. If getting better, then I wouldn't worry about it. If getting worse, better go back to your PCP and tell him about it.

It might not be the chicken bone. It can be something else i.e. ovarian, kidney stone, colon

In brief: Chicken bone

Dr. Craig Lum
Dr. Craig Lum
Dr. Keegan Duchicela