Whats a good home remedy for a toothache ?

Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Pain Management

In brief: Dentist

I don't have a clue.
But i wouldn't mess around with home remedies in these cases. Dental abscess, a common cause of tooth pain, can be very serious if left untreated. The infection can spread up into the brain and bad things happen. Get it checked out by a dentist, then you can take care of things simply if possible.

In brief: Dentist

I don't have a clue.
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Diane Minich

In brief: See dentist

to find cause and get it treated.

In brief: See dentist

to find cause and get it treated.
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Diane Minich

In brief: None, really

There are no home remedies or cures for rotten teeth.
No magic pills or rinses or mouthwashes. Toothaches need to be treated locally by a dentist, someone who has years of experience treating these conditions. The sooner you call the sooner you will feel better. Please don't delay, the pain may soon be unbearable.

In brief: None, really

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Randolph Todd
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Oil of Clove

Oil of clove has been used both as a home remedy and the dental profession as a dental sedative for years.
It may ease the pain of a toothache but not fix the problem. I strongly suggest that you contact your dentist to evaluate the cause of your problem and treat it accordingly. Good luck -.

In brief: Oil of Clove

Dr. Randolph Todd
Dr. Randolph Todd
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Pain Management

In brief: Pain Assessment.

There are many reasons why a tooth may ache.
These can include a simple sensitivity which may be treated with sugar free lozengers and toothepastes such as sensodyne versus serious infections which need to be treated as soon as possible by an appropriate treating provider.

In brief: Pain Assessment.

Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Meds. Dentist

OTC pain meds until you can see DDS

In brief: Meds. Dentist

OTC pain meds until you can see DDS
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Vikram Patel