If I sleep on my left side, I wake up with severe pain where the bottom of the chest plate meets the rib cage. I can't move just apply pressure. ?

Dr. Sassan Hassassian
Anesthesiology
In brief: Needs workup
Attention: any chest pain should be taken seriously and needs to be discussed with a physician as soon as possible as heart issues can manifest in non-classical ways as well.
Having said that, the location of the pain seems to be in the area of costochondral joints where ribs meet the breastbone. There could be some inflammation in these joints. Medications and injections can help.

In brief: Needs workup
Dr. Sassan Hassassian
Dr. Sassan Hassassian
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Costo chondritis
Try pittinh apillow under thr arm you slerp on.
Axillaty roll we do this or for lomh surgeries if patient is on their side.

In brief: Costo chondritis
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine