I’m going to have an enlarged taste bud removed by my dentist; how will my tongue will be numbed? Will he put a needle in my tongue?

On site decision. The decision as to where to administer local anesthetic is made by the practitioner doing the surgery. Ask your treating Dentist the question you sent us for a more personalized answer. Would recommend thatthistype of surgery be done by a specialist Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon rather than a General Dentist.