Went in for my first Pap smear/pelvic exam and I’m very healthy yet the pap/exam hurt and so does sex and anything inserted into my vagina?

Dr. John Berryman

In brief: Pelvic pain on exam

Pain on a pelvic exam and pap smear is sometimes caused by the natural aversion to this type of examination, but if the physician is not careful, and inserts instruments without gentle advancement, this can also cause pain.
Occasionally a patient will be apprehensive about an exam or even sexual interactions, so use of a lubricant gel may work to overcome the anxiety.

In brief: Pelvic pain on exam

Dr. John Berryman
Dr. John Berryman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham