3 doctors weighed in:

Received a static shock to my left nipple from my husband's shirt. Is this something to be concerned about? I was wearing clothing.

3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Paul Williams
Family Medicine
2 doctors agree

In brief: Static shock

No - while it might have been uncomfortable a static shock is harmless.

In brief: Static shock

No - while it might have been uncomfortable a static shock is harmless.
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Thank
Dr. Lourdes Borges ruiz
Family Medicine

In brief: All ok!

Hi there. The static shock should not have caused any burn injury on your skin.
The fact that it was on the nipple area is of no particular concern.

In brief: All ok!

Hi there. The static shock should not have caused any burn injury on your skin.
The fact that it was on the nipple area is of no particular concern.
Dr. Lourdes Borges ruiz
Dr. Lourdes Borges ruiz
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Christopher Crosby
Board Certified, Dermatology
13 years in practice
93K people helped
Continue
111,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors