When I wear high heels, the arch of my foot feels likes a pulled muscle. Sharp pain and my big toe goes numb. Any advice besides stop wearing heels?

Nerve. Sounds like arthritis, as above, with nerve impingement. See a doctor for medication or an injection to help this.
How long?? How long havevyou had the symptoms and how high are the heels. Is the pain first in your big toe, and then in the arch? This may be a sign og big toe arthritis. Is the soreness in the arch independent of the hight of the heels you are wearing? Finally, how active are you in your heels. Walk a lot? Or no? This helps make the correct diagnosis and suggest treatment!