Had a celiac artery stent placed 1 week ago. For the past 1-2 days, I've been getting a stinging chest pain that alternates sides and middle of chest (cannot pinpoint location). It's bothersome at times and makes my chest feels tight.No heart history?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Unrelated

Your pain is not likely to be related to the stent which lies in a painless area of the artery.

I think it is going to resolve itself. if you develop new symptoms such as cough or increased pain, then you should inform your doctor who inserted your stent or contact your primary physician. A chest X-ray may be helpful to find the cause of this pain, if it persists.

In brief: Unrelated

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine