Would doxycycline be helpful in treating multiple styes in one eye? Every doctor I’ve seen prescribes an erythromycin ointment, but it just contains the issue. At this point, both my top and bottom lid are swollen. And, I’m looking for any help.

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: ID specialist

A different antibiotic like doxycycline might or might not help, depending on whether the problem is an infection or a non-infectious problem; and if an infection, the particular bacteria involved.
Consider asking for referral to an infectious diseases specialist for aid in interpreting culture results for various bacteria (if done) and selecting the best antibiotic.

In brief: ID specialist