Should I moisturize my baby’s peeling skin?

Dr. Natalie Hodge

If you are talking about the normal peeling of new infant skin in the first month, sure it is fine to do a moisturizer, as long as it is unscented, and preferably a creme rather than a lotion.
I recommend eucerin, or even an olive oil based unscented moisturizing creme when baby gets out of the bath, if you are interested to avoid petroleum based products on baby's skin.

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Melissa Arca

In brief: No

Newborns, especially those born after their due date tend to have peeling skin within the first two weeks of life.
This is a normal process and is not cause for alarm, nor does it require treatment or skin moisturizer. The peeling will soon give way to baby soft skin. Once you start bathing your baby, you can follow her bath with small amount of fragrance free lotion if needed.

In brief: No

Dr. Melissa Arca
Dr. Melissa Arca
Dr. Cindy Juster