Hands go to sleep?

Which fingers. Carpal tunnel is a very common malady that involves the "tunnel" that the nerves of the wrist going through being too small for the nerve itself. It is relieved with releasing the ligament that forms the roof of the tunnel. You may have carpal tunnel syndrome.
Numb tingling finger. Carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, perpheral neuropathy, neck nerve compression, sleep position, medications, nutritional issues, thyroid or endocirne, diabetes, blood flow, vascular issues... Many things cause "numb" fingers.
Neck Pain? I agree that carpal tunnel is a common cause. If the hand numbess is associated with neck pain or movement is can be a sign of a cervical spine problem that should be evaluated soon.
More info needed. Which fingers are involved? What makes it better? How long has it lasted? Both hands? General health? Any chronic diseases? Maybe with more information we can give you a more specific answer.
More info. Age, smoking status, diabetes? Meds? Hypertension? Repetitive type work with your hands? Carpal tunnel definitely the most common cause. Any change in color of fingers?