I am experiencing severe muscle spasms in my lower back. I have meloxicam 7.5 mg and soma 350 mg. Is one of these more effective than the other?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Both

Soma is a muscle relaxant while meloxicam is an anti-inflammatory.
I think you could take both. However there may be a strong element of tension and stress in your symptoms. Accordingly stress management therapy should be considered as well as evaluation for depression. Don't try to fight these symptoms without professional help as continual stress and depression wear you down affecting health

In brief: Both

Dr. Eric Weisman