What are effective treatments for social anxiety at college?

In brief: Local physician

In my experience in treating college students, I have found that a combination of medications and psychotherapy works best.
Whether you see a psychiatrist at home on occasion, or one near school, is up to you. The medications are safe and effective. Then, you can find a therapist at school to work with you there. Doing therapy without meds is sometimes not effective.

In brief: Local physician

Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Dr. Jason Berman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Group psychotherapy

Hi jennifer, an excellent way to work through and heal social anxiety is to join a confidential, therapeutic group.
I have seen patients terrified of social interactions change their lives for the better by being a therapy group. You will be with a trained professional in a safe environment, others who are suffering and positive change will likely happen. Check agpa.Org for a group near you.

In brief: Group psychotherapy

Dr. Jason Berman
Dr. Jason Berman
Dr. Adam Smith