I started Sulfameth/TMP 800/160mg Wednesday night. Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking this medication or do I need to wait until I’m finished?

Not necessary. There is no specific contraindication to alcohol when taking this abx.
Mgt. I would suggest waiting until the infection is fully resolved.
Monitor for fever and other signs of worsening.
.
Do not drink. Alcohol is a poison that never did anybody any good, ever, so stay away from it.
Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Yes, in moderation. Contrary to popular beliefs, almost no antibiotics interact with alcohol. Heavy alcohol impairs the immune system's ability to fight infection, but alcohol in moderation makes no difference. Some antibiotics can upset the stomach, as alcohol can, but sulfa/trimethoprim usually does not. Just don't overdo the drinking.