Can you smoke while pregnant?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: U Surely Can!

But why oh why would you do it? I don't know of anyone who would intentionally harm their child.
I don't know of anyone who would feed their child a toxic substance. We boil bottles and nipples to protect from infection, we bathe & clean our babies & we protect them from all harm. Why oh why then would we smoke and give our baby a jolt of nicotine? Would u put a cig in babes mouth at birth?

In brief: U Surely Can!

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
studies suggest that the children born to women who smoked have a memory for nicotine later in life such that when exposed to cigarettes their brains light up as if they had been long time smokers! Smoke now and expect your child to become a smoker at an early age.
Dr. Karl Spector
Addiction Medicine

In brief: No!!

I assume that you have actually read the warnings that are on each pack of cigarettes-- especially the one that says that smoking cigarettes while pregnant can lead to low birth weight and cause birth defects.
There is no known safe amount that a woman can smoke that is safe so, for the sake of your unborn child, please do not smoke while pregnant!

In brief: No!!

Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Karl Spector
2 comments
Dr. William Walsh
I'm sorry I can't double agree.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Many women still smoke during pregnancy and their risk for pregnancy complications including fetal growth restriction, placental abruption, premature labor and delivery are increased because of the tobacco use.
Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology

In brief: No!

Don't smoke tobacco, e-cigatettes, marijuana, meth, crack, or anything.
Stay as far from secondhand smoke as possible. No chewing tobacco. This is good advice in general, but especially important when pregnant because it can damage your child permanently, from birth. No excuses, no smoking!

In brief: No!

Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin