Why are my liver enzymes elevated. I don't drink or smoke. I'm 52 years old. Women. 125 pounds. What could be wrong? 

Dr. Rama Harouni

In brief: NASH

There are many reasons for why your liver enzymes are elevated.
Most often if you are healthy and don't take any medications your abnormality can be related to "fatty liver". An ultrasound of your liver can easily shed some light on this issue.

In brief: NASH

2 comments
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Are you on a cholesterol Med?
Dr. Rama Harouni
I wonder if you have been screened for viral hepatitis. Also review any medications or supplements that you take . Any of them can be cause of your abnormal liver test. Keep in mind hepatitis infections are often asymptomatic and can be dormant so you need to check for them specifically.
Pathology

In brief: How elevated?

Agree with Dr. H.
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, it would have helped if you had provided the actual results. Do you take any medications?

In brief: How elevated?

Agree with Dr. H.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham