My A1c is 6.4, I only take meds if blood sugar goes over 139, which is not often. Would this be considered controlled diabetes?

Pathology

If you keep your A1c below 7, that would qualify as controlled diabetes.

Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Wish you good health!
Dr. Marsha Davis