Should I consult a doctor about my baby’s mouth sores?

Dr. Roy Benaroch

Yes, especially if they're painful or interfering with feeding.

Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch

Mouth sores in babies are usually viral infections.
Babies under 3 months of age should see the doctor to find out if treatment is needed to prevent spreading of the viral infection to other parts of the body (can be a serious problem in very young babies). Older babies with mouth sores usually recover on their own, but should be in contact with the doctor to be sure symptoms do not worsen.

Dr. Patricia Vuguin

In brief: Sores

If the baby is not eating well or having high fevers call you doctor to tell you how to proceed.

In brief: Sores

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Jonathan Jassey