My six year old just started a odd cough. Its deep and dry. No fever or cold symproms...Help please.?

Dr. Chris Oh
In brief: Whooping cough?
A deep barking cough can sometimes be whooping cough.
I would take your child to a pediatrician if it persists to get treated. Whooping cough (pertussis) is on the rise and we recommend everyone (including adults) to be vaccinated.

In brief: Whooping cough?
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. James Glauber
Also a frequent dry cough, especially if it is worse at night and your child is otherwise well, could be a form of asthma. Asthma is also more common that whooping cough.
Dr. Neeta Jain
In brief: Cough
Has something in her environment changed? New pet/ new paint/ any renovation work in the house? That could be allergic cough.
If she coughs so hard that she turns all red and has a big whoop after the cough, please take her to her doc.

In brief: Cough
Dr. Neeta Jain
Dr. Neeta Jain
Dr. Shontae Buffington