I smatched my finger and i'm worried thay it was sprained ...My nail is bleeding and turning dark purple and its a but swollen, I am able to move it ?

Dr. Chris Oh

In brief: Trephination

Bleeding under the nailbed can be very painful because it can create a large pressure.
In the er or an urgent care ctr, docs will perform a trephination (create a small hole in the nail to let the blood out) thus relieving the pressure and relieving the pain.

In brief: Trephination

Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Have it evaluated.

Try to avoid moving it too much for now.
You may need a x-ray taken to see if you have a bony injury. Have it evaluated and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Have it evaluated.

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let explain

Most likely when smashed you sprain your finger but what degree? The color under the nail it is from bleeding under the nail it is a good idea to have an x-ray to if the bone broken? Good luck.
Thanks.

In brief: Let explain

Thanks.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine