This year (27 yrs old), I started getting Balanitis about once a month. is penile cancer risk high? my doc said my decision to circumcision. i would rather not unless i'm at high risk. i get conflicting info re risk if i remain uncircumsized

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: Low

Risk of cancer is very low.
That is mostly related to HPV virus {genital warts]. Balanitis is caused by smegma bacillus and other microorganisms fermenting urine trapped deep under the foreskin. Circumcision cures it but is not needed if you simply deprive the microbes of their substrate. Daily rinse under skin. Soap not needed. Always peel back the skin and blot after urinating. Modified CASTELLA

In brief: Low

Risk of cancer is very low.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Pathology

In brief: Cleanliness

How are keeping your head clean.
You need to wash the penile head with soap and water every day. You may try to keep the prepuce retracted. If the bouts of inflammation persist, you should reconsider getting circumcised.
Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

In brief: Cleanliness

How are keeping your head clean.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Dr. Ward Dean
Board Certified, Anti-Aging Medicine