My son is almost 4 weeks old I noticed I have a cold sore today yesterday I didn’t know I had one and I had been kissing my son all round his head I read cold sores are deadly to newborns this is not my first cold sore I had them all my life & preg?

In brief: Could be trouble...

If a cold sore is freshly oozing, there are lots of viruses there.
If it hasn't broken open, or has already scabbed over, there is less chance of viral transmission. Herpes type 1 virus infections happen to the majority of people by adulthood. A new baby should not be kissed by herpetic adults until he is old enough to tolerate a herpes infection. A baby should be checked, if any signs of herpes.

In brief: Could be trouble...