All I want to know is if it is safe to take Advil 12 hours after taking aleve. I take Aleve during work(12 hour shift) then come home and usually in pretty severe pain again by then. Would it be safe to take Advil at that time for relief to sleep?

Pathology

It would be safe to take the medication as you described.

Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine