What would make two fingers on my non dominant hand tingle or feel as if they have been asleep?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Nerve entrapment

It may depend on the fingers in question.
If it is the 4th and 5th fingers and perhaps 1/2 of the middle finger, then you may have entrapment of a nerve at the elbow or are stretching that nerve. If it is the thumb and index finger and long finger, you may have carpal tunnel syndrome. Otherwise i don't know. You would need to see your pcp or a neurologist or orthopedist to exam and diagnose.

In brief: Nerve entrapment

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Pinched nerve ?

Carpal tunnel syndrome is very common.
Other possibilities are ulnar nerve at elbow, pinched nerve at spine. See a neurologist you may need emg, x ray etc.

In brief: Pinched nerve ?

Carpal tunnel syndrome is very common.
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Carpal Tunnel Syn

Most likely carpal tunnel syndrome.
You're probably thinking, "this is my non-dominant hand; therefore, it can't be carpal tunnel." that's a very common expression from patients, but I do see a lot of cases of non-dominant hand carpal tunnel !

In brief: Carpal Tunnel Syn

Most likely carpal tunnel syndrome.
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch