I will be 50 in April, recently my bones in my toes really hurt mostly the right foot. I notice it more so when laying flat. Please advise?

Dr. James Bucci

In brief: Toe pain

make sure you shoe fit properly.
As we get older our body changes, it is possible your shoes are too small

In brief: Toe pain

make sure you shoe fit properly.
Dr. Daniel Azabache
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Toes pain

You might have early osteoarthritis secondary to the use of that joint like playing soccer. Also, you might have gout if you drink alcohol.
People, who smoke or have diabetes, might have poor circulation or neuropathy. Tests like uric acid in serum, ANA, X-ray of the foot, EMG, Doppler U/S will help elucidate the problem. Ask your Primary Care.

In brief: Toes pain

Dr. William Forsythe