What do you do know when you have chapped lips?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Grease!
Chapped lips occurs with licking lips, being exposed to wind, heat and cold and drying and cracking occurs.
Use a form of grease! vaseline, any petrolatum product or oil there are many many products at your local pharmacy or big box store to treat chapped lips with. There is a good joke that goes with chapped lips but i will spare you!

In brief: Grease!
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dermatology
In brief: Aquaphor
I recommend aquaphor throughout the day and a good spf on lips when outdoors, my favorite is vanicream spf 30.
If the condition is not improved within a month and is more sever on the lower lip, get checked by a dermatologist as you may have actinic cheilitis which is a severe precancerous condition that may need treatment.

In brief: Aquaphor
Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dr. Jennifer Haley
In brief: Moisture
Chapped lips? Hydrate well- water is best.
You can apply lip balms with beeswax base or oil base creams. Remember that lips require solar protection just like your skin – apply & reapply balms or creams with a minimum spf of 15. Going skiing ?- protect from sun & windburn by covering with a scarf or a ski / snowboard face mask with visor. Dry air? - use a humidifier. Try not to lick your lips!

In brief: Moisture