Felt like a muscle pull 3 days ago. Lying on my back, with knees on a knee pillow, I'm pain free. If I twist at all, it's an 8+. Hard to breathe w/searing pain in groin all wrapping around to lower back/butt. Heat helps. Ideas?

Dr. Lori Lange

In brief: Call Doctor

Due to your previous medical conditions, you should be known to your doctor.
Can you reach a phone? Can you call the Doctor?
Try to get a ride to ER via ambulance.
You need to be evaluated because of the pain. Blood clots can develop and cause sudden respiratory demise. See a doctor for a check up soon.

In brief: Call Doctor

Try to get a ride to ER via ambulance.
Dr. Lori Lange
Dr. Lori Lange
Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: 3 days is enough,

Time to see a doctor. You are still having bad enough pain that it warrants an exam and appropriate testing.
You just think it's a "pulled muscle." It may be something else entirely. Get seen or call your doc today, Time to get definite answers and treatment You don't want to get worse or stay like this for much longer even. Don't drive, call a cab, or get a ride. If all else fails, call 911

In brief: 3 days is enough,

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Thank for the Thank You note. How nice you are to send one! Hope you saw a doc and are on the mend!
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine