My son is jaundice and he wont go to Dr. he is an addict and know he has hepitatis. can he die if he doesn't get treatment?

In brief: Some do

I recall a 23 yo who died a few years back from Hepatitis A.
Untreated Hepatitis B (the addicts get) can & does kill. Those who recover can go on to chronic liver failure, liver cirrhosis & liver cancer. An addict would NEVER be considered for a liver transplant, which can be the only way to avoid a miserable death. Some kids consider themselves invulnerable, in this case, it is just a bad choice

In brief: Some do

3 comments
Dr. Farrant Sakaguchi
He should be seen in clinic for potential hepatitis now as well as for trying to address his addiction.
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
He can die from Hepatitis or he can die from addiction. Unfortunately you cannot control either of these unless he is under 18 years of age.
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Hepatitis/cancer

I agree with the comments on hep A & B but we need to consider Hep C which is now over 95% curable but deadly otherwise.
Do you best to get him the care needed even though it will not be easy.

In brief: Hepatitis/cancer

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu