My husband has had night sweats and fevers for 3 weeks. He has lost 15 pounds and says his head feels fuzzy. His work ups have all been negative. Obviously, we are very worried. Can you suggest what type of specialist we can request a referral to?

INFECTIOUS DISEASE. A specialist in infectious disease would be my suggestion

Hope it's helpful!

Dr Z.
FUO? We’d consider calling this a fever of unknown origin, and quite frankly it may be at the point to recommend hospitalization. Consultation with an Infectious Disease specialist and a Rheumatologist would be wise, at least. .
You start with. Start with your primary doctor. Your primary doctor will examine you and diagnose you and you go from there. Now get going sounds like your husband needs medical help now .