I am experiencing big toe pain (quality: warm to touch, pain in joint) . The following also describe me: Joint swelling, Foot pain, Swollen foot, and Difficulty walking. What should I do?

Dr. Jaiprakash Thakor Jairam
Healthcare Professional

In brief: See doctor

This is gout until proven otherwise It is only affecting 1 joint.
The big toe is involved in over 50% of all cases.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Urgent care

Pain, swelling, and warmth point to an inflammatory cause rather than a mechanical cause such as osteoarthrosis or ill-fitting shoes.
Gout is high on the list of diagnoses but unusual at age 21. What concerns me are the possibilities of infection or fracture. I would seek help urgently through your primary care physician or urgent care.

In brief: Urgent care

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Joint pain

needs to be evaluated by your doctor. It could be anything from gout or something more involved.
Please get a diagnosis and you will be able to treat it as needed. Peace and good health.

In brief: Joint pain

Dr. David Fertel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: See your doctor

?gout

In brief: See your doctor

?gout
Dr. Eric Weisman