What can I do to stop cravings and overeating while on my period?

Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Appetite and Brain
The hypothalamus, at the center of your brain, is one area that drives appetite for food.
The hormonal changes of your period are driven by the hypothalamus and pituitary, but may be affected by these same hormones. Depression, stress, activity can all affect your appetite, either to increase or decrease it. Increase in appetite may be your response to your hormone.

In brief: Appetite and Brain
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Interesting
I have not heard of this and wonder if this is a varient of premenstrua dysphoric dysorder. Perhaps this should be treated.
Otherwise, there are medications that reduce food cravings that can be used on an as needed basis.

In brief: Interesting
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham