What can cause swollen painful groin lymph node, fever, chills. Partner said he we STD checked. After 3 days fever and node went down. ?

Dr. John Berryman

In brief: Groin pain, fever

A swollen lymph node in the groin, with a low grade fever, followed by no fever and reduced swelling in the lymph node is typical of a viral outbreak like herpes.
Get tested for antibodies for herpes I and II in a few weeks, as it may not be initially positive if this is a "first outbreak". Sometimes males can shed the virus without sores, so have your partner checked also.

In brief: Groin pain, fever

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine