Dear Dr., 1- Is it highly likely to get genital hsv-1 from a handjob with saliva involved?No lesions were seen in hand or mouth of the female. Immediately washed with soap afterward. 2- Is the likelihood reduced if the receiver already has oral hsv1?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: HSV/Know thy partner

Herpes is transmitted via direct contact with oral or genital active lesions.
Oral herpes can be transmitted genitally under those conditions. The thought I would like to leave you with at this time is to "know thy sexual partner & to thyself be true". A mutually monogamous relationship with one who has been demonstrated to be free of infection/STD diseases eliminates the need for this question.

In brief: HSV/Know thy partner

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Adam Levy